Saturday, May 1, 2010

CHIC WINE BAR

5545 Pico Blvd - little west of La Brea
323-525-0234
I thought Chic wine bar was brand new - but it's been around about a year (supposedly it is owned by the same people who own a place called "Bloom" which is very nearby - but I have never been to that place). Anyway, the food is very good and it is practically in our neighborhood. I had the wild boar meatball fettuccine (little dry, actually) and Bob had the clam linguine.
Appetizer: seascallops in blood orage reduction- terrific -and desserts -top notch- chocolate cake and cheesecake!
Very nice service and a good selection of beers and wines at good prices.

I will definitely go back. Actually, on May 19th they are having a special goat dinner (goat cheese appetizer, roasted goat main course, goat milk ice cream dessert) and I am thinking I will probably go then.

prices moderate (entrees 12-18$$)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Anything for a vegetarian?

LB said...

The menu is not long - you could manage well enough if you went for cheese or seafood (clams or fish) but a vegan wouldn't manage too well...