Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Manas Indian Restaurant

2823 South Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90007


When this place first opened, it was ALL VEGETARIAN. Although I'm still holding out for the LA City Council to expand their ban on fast food into a ban on meat, it hasn't happened yet and judging from the menu at Manas, there would probably be a riot. It wasn't too long after opening that Manas realized they couldn't survive in the carnivorous USC neighborhood without serving flesh, so they changed their menu to please the market.
Yes, it pissed me off, but I still go to Manas. The food is good, though not as good as it used to be, and there are a number of vegan choices. Last time I was there, I had the lunch special, some lentils, some other vegetable curry thing, rice and a salad. Very delicious.
Next door is an Indian market where you can buy vacuum packed Indian food, great for your earthquake kit or last minute meals.

No comments: